Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: There is NO reason not to get X-E1 for $719
In reply to Andy G, 7 months ago

Andy G wrote:

stimpy wrote:

AF doesn't matter when you shoot things that don't move.

Anybody that bought the X-E1 to capture fast moving subjects clearly possesses a great amount of skill or is not capable of understanding the strengths and weaknesses of a much written about camera.

I think there are more than a few people who would have purchased the X-E1 at launch, and expected more from a £1000 body.

Having said that, the current firmware autofocus is fast enough and where real speed is involved I simply go back to basics, the way it was done before AF existed.

Fast enough for you it seems (and for me 90% of the time) but that doesn't mean it's fast enough for everyone. Plenty of event & reportage photographers still struggle with the slow AF and lag.

There are those that dwell on the autofocus of the X-E1, possibly because there are very few negatives to owning such a great value camera right now. Many convince themselves of this "huge" autofocus issue to help justify to themselves (or partner) that more expense is required, to get the desired performance.

X series focus has always been poor compared to it's main competitor, m43. The reputation is justified.

For me, photography is all about image quality. Years ago when I spent £1000's on Canon L glass, I did so purely for the image quality and the 2.8 constant. In those days, it was never about autofocus. Today, with me, nothing has changed.

Why are you not shooting full frame then?

The X-E1 is an outstanding photographic tool for the price point, with superb looks and fine handling.

For some people, yes, others no.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow