Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
wootpile
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Re: Why the loss of the Flip LCD is a disaster...
In reply to Marco Nero, 8 months ago

Marco Nero wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Most definitely, if the IQ was as good or better, I wouldn't buy any if it wasn't as least as good. I prefer the tilt out waist finder type lcd but I don't mind this type of fully articulating model, both are better than a fixed lcd for me.

Same here. I used that twist LCD to capture shots of the Night Sky, to shoot objects, plants and animals where I had to twist the camera into some odd places... and especially Macro Shots where I had to hold the camnera close to the ground. It was always a big winner on this camera. I remember when the G7 came out and the LCD was only a fixed screen - boy, were people annoyed!!!! Tilt is better than nothing at all... but that Vari-Angle LCD from Canon is one of their top selling points and something other manufacturers were often keen to emulate. I suspect that there was a patent in place that gave Canon and Nikon a lead with this LCD.
Word around here is that the new Mk2 has a 5cm minimum focus distance. This is when you really have a need for the Vari-Angle LCD.

The G1X and its twist LCD screen was an essential combination for much of my work.

The resulting Picture

Another G1X low angle. This is where the Flip LCD really came in handy... shooting Mushrooms!

And the resulting shot.

G1X: Good luck getting these sorts of shots with the same amount of ease.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Thanks for posting. My sentiments exactly.

Canon are massochists. Depressing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow