Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,958Gear list
Like?
Re: Why the loss of the Flip LCD is a disaster...
In reply to Marco Nero, 6 months ago

Marco Nero wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Most definitely, if the IQ was as good or better, I wouldn't buy any if it wasn't as least as good. I prefer the tilt out waist finder type lcd but I don't mind this type of fully articulating model, both are better than a fixed lcd for me.

Same here. I used that twist LCD to capture shots of the Night Sky, to shoot objects, plants and animals where I had to twist the camera into some odd places... and especially Macro Shots where I had to hold the camnera close to the ground. It was always a big winner on this camera. I remember when the G7 came out and the LCD was only a fixed screen - boy, were people annoyed!!!! Tilt is better than nothing at all... but that Vari-Angle LCD from Canon is one of their top selling points and something other manufacturers were often keen to emulate. I suspect that there was a patent in place that gave Canon and Nikon a lead with this LCD.
Word around here is that the new Mk2 has a 5cm minimum focus distance. This is when you really have a need for the Vari-Angle LCD.

Regards,

Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

I shoot a lot of wide angle stuff and I have a very good UWA converter for my G1X (which I really hope will fit the G1X Mk2!) so a fixed LCD is a real pain, thankfully the new model hasn't got one.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow