Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,904
Like?
Re: The problem with this design...
In reply to Marco Nero, 9 months ago

Marco Nero wrote:

Ergonomics is a very important part of modern design. Canon are no longer surrounded by two or three competitors any more. There's almost a dozen sellers competing for your dollar. Now it would seem that they are barely putting any effort in to design something beautiful and simultaneously functional. Remember that their sales will be influenced greatly by people who won't care about technical features which they won't understand. They'll see this camera in the window or in a catalog and they'll buy it for its visible appeal. Be honest: If you came across the "perfect camera" for your personal uses and yet it was as ugly as sin, you'd seriously reconsider it. In this generation, people are more often influenced more by attractive design than the benefits or function of the device. This is the secret to Apple Computers' success. But Canon seem to be cutting corners again. Let's see what else this camera offers when/if announced tomorrow.

Interesting.  Internally the feedback that Canon has been getting is that the G1X is generally considered a bit too industrial in terms of design and that has been one of the reasons why some potential buyers have not chosen it.

Personally I think the MkII is considerably better looking although I'd agree it breaks no new ground in terms of visual design.  But then you could argue that at this end of the market (i.e. appealing to enthusiasts for whom IQ and performance are the overriding factors) that its appearance really doesn't matter all that much.  I appreciate that some buy cameras to say "Look at me!" but surely no one here would admit to that, would they?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow