When focal length cannot be detected... ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Symple
Regular MemberPosts: 494
Like?
When focal length cannot be detected... ?
6 months ago

My new question(s) for the forum is regarding setting the focal length of lenses when specifically being used for macro and close-up work.  The camera system is new to us, and we have chosen two lenses to use with a K-7 body, namely a Rokinon P 105mm macro, and a Tamron SP 35-80 zoom.

The lens focal length setting is confusing for me since my wife will be shooting somewhere in the 1:5 - 1:1 reproduction range with the Rokinon, and judging by its length it seems to be more like a 150-180mm when it is racked out for close-up work instead of its specified focal length for infinity focus.  Is there an opinion on what focal length for this lens at these close-up settings.  Similarly for the Tamron 35-80 since it will be for close-up work mostly too; should we set the camera to 85mm and just leave it at that setting?

ANSWER:
Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow