Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
lemon_juice
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
Re: Reality check/perspective....(!)
In reply to Mark H, 10 months ago

Mark H wrote:

Quite honestly I find these so called 'inconveniences' simultaneously laughable, and an absolute shameful reflection on 'some' of the values of those who might consider them to be so.

Take a step or two back...

BD and similar technologies are an absolute luxury - a luxury barely even dreamt of by not all that recently departed past generations, nor even by vast swathes of some current generations.

Consider some of those not so recently departed generations, what they actually enjoyed, valued and endured - and sometimes even fought and died for.

And now we have people wasting their time/lives on Internet forums, listing and wingeing about some mind-numbingly trivial and inconsequential supposed 'inconveniences' of things like BD movies, and the 'big corporations' who make/offer/sell (and generally quite inexpensively) these luxuries of modern life.

Seriously - take a step back - hang heads in shame - get things in perspective!

Interesting perspective and quite a reasonable one. I myself sometimes get caught up in too much bitching and moaning about what the big companies are doing forgetting how much more we get now than what was available 30 years ago to the general public. Blu-ray films are available for everyone now and the quality is good enough to run a small cinema. We should see how much more we get. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Michal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow