Plea to DPR: PLEASE test EVFs usability for wearers of glasses (ca. 68% of adults)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil1
Contributing MemberPosts: 800
Like?
Plea to DPR: PLEASE test EVFs usability for wearers of glasses (ca. 68% of adults)
10 months ago

Statistics show that the majority of UK adults wear glasses (spectacles). Yet very few reviews comment on the usability of EVFs when wearing glasses. I was all set to buy a very high quality M43 camera until I looked through the EVF.  It was in many ways excellent but, for me it was entirely unusable because I had to really scan from side to side to see all of it. I am used to slight VF problems (my 5Dii is not perfect from this point of view but is definitely useable).

You may disagree with the stats (let’s not please, as that is not the point here!) but I hope that glasses wearers everywhere will support this plea to ALL reviewers not to ignore this vitally important facet of a camera’s usability.

Phil

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow