Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gotoole
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Buy 12-60 now or upgrade to µFT now?
10 months ago

I am a long time Olympus enthusiast photographer, regularly read here but not a prolific poster.

When I first bought my E400 my intention was to gradually build up a collection of the midrange lenses. I should have started with the 14-54mm but Olympus gear was hard to get here and I tended to impulse buy whenever I saw a lens at a good price. Hence I purchased the 70 -300mm ( A lens I really like) and the 11-22mm, another great lens. I also had both kit lenses .

Then I purchased the E620. Initially I was very disappointed after the E400. Now I have founds its' better side and am more happy with it. However I always fel. t a need for a better sensor able to handle low light better.

And so to my dilemma:-

Do I continue with my original plan to purchase a midrange zoom, either the 12-60mm or 14-54mm and inevitably move to a µFT body later. ( I do fancy either M5 or M10 ) or should I stop spending on the FT lenses now, get the µFT body and then spend my money on µFT lenses?

I am not sure what lenses are available for µFT bodies but I assume there is a decent midrange zoom .

To be honest, I have debated with myself the next purchase for a long time. My indecision has meant that I have no goo midrange zoom , or prime lens, and obviously my enjoyment of the cameras I have has been affected. So I at last ready to do something, i.e. buy a midrange zoom or move to µFT.

I am sure others have had the same choices so just wonder what others have done.

thanks for reading this far.

Gerard

Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow