Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rohith Thumati
Regular MemberPosts: 404
Like?
Re: Canon G1X M2 pics....?
In reply to Tonkotsu Ramen, 6 months ago

Thanks for posting!

It may not be the prettiest thing, but it looks super interesting. It's the same thing as CR's image, except for the faux leather part of the grip and the lens barrel that doesn't end in space

I don't mind a flip out LCD (versus vari-angle); my Olympus E-M5 has a similar screen and I'm happy with it, but I can understand others finding the vari-angle a necessity. I also don't mind the lack of built in OVF: I never liked the G series' OVF's, and I don't mind composing on a screen. I prefer an EVF, anyway, so an add on EVF works just fine for me.

The lack of dials (compared with the G1X M1) is disappointing; that was one of the best parts of the original. Hopefully the rear part of the barrel is a dial, like that on the S series cameras so the camera has 2 dials for manual control.

While I'm hoping, here's also hoping the AF speed, touchscreen (assuming), and EVF are competitive with those of my E-M5, that the image quality is at least as good as the current G1X's, and both the camera and EVF are reasonably affordable (I'll be happy if the camera alone comes out for $800, like the original G1X, given that lens). If so for all of those, it'll be the travel camera I've been looking for.

Enough speculation and hope - I'm really looking forward to getting final specs and reading the previews and reviews.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow