Weather sealing user’s expectations

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,337Gear list
Like?
Ah - so now we're reconfiguring the language ....
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 7 months ago

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

leopold wrote:

Well for shooting in really cold weather you don't need a DA* or WR lens, cold doesn't affect lenses much from my experience. I've been shooting in quite cold temperatures for a long time now and have used lenses ranging from Takumar (M42), plastic lenses like my Canon 15-85mm and up to my WR and DA* lenses and they all performed very well.

Sure when it's snowing i prefer to use a WR or DA* lens and found now difference in the field between the 2 types of weather sealing degree.

Really cold also means rapid change of temperature.

In a rapid change of temperature between indoors and outdoors condensation is inevitable. In fact, that is more dangerous and invisible enemy than rain or snow.

Thus we can say you were rather lucky in using your Takumars and plastic lenses in very cold weather, not necessarily well-prepared for the experience.

Does it not occur to you that Leopold lives in Canada and obviously copes very well with extremely cold conditions on a regular basis?

And again I ask, Zvonimir - on what authority do you draw for this broad ranging information of the weather resistance (or otherwise) of Pentax? And who actually wrote the text?

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow