ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
THEDCPJP
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
(Lots of) Gear Stolen-Lens Replacement advice
5 months ago

Hello,

I'm looking to replace some gear that was stolen a while back: 5DM3, 7D, 24-70 2.8L (I), 50mm 1.4, and a 70-200 2.8L non IS.  Insurance didn't cover the theft due to a technicality too detailed to get into.  I've settled on the 6d for a replacement body, but for the life of me I can't decide on what glass to get.  I loved my non IS 2.8 zoom so I'll be getting that again, but I need a complimentary lens to go with.  I'll prob also buy another 50mm also.  I can't afford to grab another 24-70, and the kit with the 24-105 lens /rebate looks tempting, but it seems that most veteran L users seem to shy away from that lens.  I do video as well and it seems that worst case scenario it would be a decent lens to use for that purpose.  What's the likelihood that I'll end up selling that kit lens?  I'm leaning toward, buying the 6d refurb, along with the non IS 2.8 which puts me at about $2600.  I do weddings from time to time, some commercial work here and there, and in between I roam the streets just shooting cityscapes and random people.  Any advice?

THEDCPJP's gear list:THEDCPJP's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow