Trying to find the optimal white bland for my EM1 pics

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Sanders
Contributing MemberPosts: 924Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to find the optimal white bland for my EM1 pics
In reply to PeterTX, 9 months ago

PeterTX wrote:

Sorry, spell check corrected it for me, I meant white balance.
When I had my Nikon I modified my picture styles and there were plenty of examples to look at. What I am trying to do is look at the different picture modes and see which ones I like and should modify. Canon has good examples on their website showing how their different picture modes affect the picture and I am looking for similar examples for Olympus.

I just make the adjustments, take a photo and have a look. Probably not the most efficient way! For me, the JPEG feature to beat all features is the Highlight & Shadow control. It allows you to essentially apply an S-curve or another type of tone curve instantaneously. I task the lower of the front custom buttons to the Multi Function. The Color Creator provides amazing control as well and it is accessible under the same Multi Function cutom function. It allows instantaneous saturation adjustments and colour shifts...I've found it most useful to quickly desaturate to turn an image B&W and then use the colour tones as filters. Couple this with an S-curve for contrast and it's a very powerful B&W JPEG engine.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow