NEW DP QUATTRO is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,352Gear list
Like?
Here's my hope regarding the shape and size...
In reply to Paul Petersen, 10 months ago

Paul Petersen wrote:

Well I must say if this is for real Yamaki-san has been plowing some of the companies profits from their new global vision line into a real iconic camera design.

Is it too big? Considering the size of the Merrill's with the non collapsable lenses they are too big to reasonably pocket. The elongation really sorts out the control layout and solves the battery and grip issue. Quite elegant.

The design cannot be confused with anything else out there. Anybody that knows cameras will be able to spot a DP Quattro across the room.

The focal plane alignment of the tripod screw works out well to allow room in the slim body for a Circuit board to mount the sensor on and the LCD display behind it.

The omission of the name on the front is a coy marketing move in my mind. I builds the DP brand identity and forces folks to ask what kind of camera it or get close enough to see the back.

Yamaki-san has already tipped his hand as far as a new processor coming too speed processing in an interview.

That you can put it in a pocket with the handle sticking out and draw it out like a gun

Pete

-- hide signature --

A bad day of train chasing is better than a good day at work.
http://peterzpicts.smugmug.com/

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow