A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
NicolasKL
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?
In reply to blue_skies, 8 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

John Triebe wrote:

Unfortunately, I have the "light leak" problem with my A7r. I tested both my Zeiss 55mm f1.8 and the 35mm f2.8 and they both exhibit the problem:

This one is with the 55mm wherein I used a flashlight and shined it completely around the lens mount.

Looks like this camera is going back to Sony.

Hi John, I can reproduce this with the A7 and a normal 60w lightbulb, when holding the camera close to the light, for over 10 seconds at ISO 25,600.

However, I don't know whether this is a real problem or not. I mean, the light leak results from an extremely bright light with the camera closed. In normal shooting, at ISO 25,600, I would expect such a light source to be absent.

I can not think of scenarios in which this could form a real problem.

It could also highlight the extreme sensitivity of the sensor, at ISO 25,600.

I am not sending the camera back, as I expect that ALL cameras will have this same issue.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I can see it, barely, at ISO 2000.  It's very obvious at 5000.  It's terrible at 12,800.  But this is a 30s exposure with a small (but fairly bright) LED flashlight pointed right at the flange.  Next is some daylight testing, though it may have to wait until Friday.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow