Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pixelvandal
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
A77 or k5ii high iso/focus speed
10 months ago

Currently shooting with an X pro 1 setup, and while i love the images i get, im thinking of moving back to an slr style body. tossing up between an a77 or pentax k5. Love the ability to use the evf to see live exposure changes, so the a77 has me there, both cameras have shake reduction, plenty of legacy glass to choose from, and long fast tele options for shooting live music, while the k5 offering cheaper and more weather sealed options.

high iso is clearly a strong point of the fuji cameras, and ive grown to like the ability to have usable 6400 images. the k5 seems to have decent high iso performace, and the a77 not so much.... but is it as bad as they say? did it improve with the later firmware?

what about low light focusing compared to the k5ii?

trying to talk myself into the sony, but i do like to do high iso stuff, but i usually convert to b+w if its high iso, so a bit of noise doesnt matter too much.

any opinions and feedback would be appreciated, cheers.

Pixelvandal's gear list:Pixelvandal's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Pentax K-5 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow