Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dark13star
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Hawk takes pigeon X-E2 w/55-200
10 months ago

Warning, some people may find these shots a bit gory.

One day last month I saw a flash out the dining room window and a bunch of birds fluttering away from our feeder. I got to the window just in time to see this Cooper's Hawk behead the pigeon. My buddy who is a birder says they sometimes do that for the kill.

Anyway, I decided to throw the 55-200 on my X-E2 for these shots. I usually grab my Nikon D600 with the 80-400 for birds, but I hadn't used this lens for anything but tests so far. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it.

I took several shots as the hawk ate the pigeon. The later shots were of the hawk on the fence after eating. It was really funny when the two squirrels came running down the fence and suddenly noticed the hawk in front of them. I did get a shot of them jumping back to the tree, but it was blurry.

All files processed from RAW using Capture One with the ProNeg Hi ICC profile.

Thanks for looking.
Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow