Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
Roland Wooster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,964
Like?
Re: It's coming back
In reply to kelpdiver, 7 months ago

kelpdiver wrote:

It's the difference between cheap and expensive, not tv versus monitor. The cheap 4k TVs and monitors do 30. The $3000+ ones like the Sonys do 120hz. It will change quickly, though it looks like < 1000 means TN screens.

I disagree, a monitor is 60 Hz, a TV typically 30Hz, yes, a few TV's are talking about 60Hz input, but not many, and it's mostly just talk of upgrades for now, with one exception I'm aware of. However, you'll not find monitors below 60Hz.

If you really think there's a 30Hz monitor, please provide a link I would like to research it, and there's no way you'll find a TV with a 120Hz input at UHD resolution as there's no consumer signal cable capable of 120Hz UHD, short of running dual channel Thunderbolt and no one is doing that yet. Any claim of 120Hz UHD is doing frame rate sub-sampling/scaling within the device, nothing takes a 120Hz input at UHD resolution.

Today the only UHD LCD below $1000 is indeed the 28" TN panel from CMI/Innolux panel used by several OEMs. The cheapest IPS is the Dell 23.8" 2414Q which is slightly over at $1150.

Roland.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow