GX7 and EM10 on hand, fire your questions :)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerryhze
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
GX7 and EM10 on hand, fire your questions :)
2 months ago

Point 1: Holy smokes the lens are just tiny!! I mean light/tiny yet feels sturdy. I have the 17 1.8, 45 1.8 and kit lens comes with GX7. I am amazed at how small they are!

Point 2: Indoor low light (single roof lamp), the EVF and LCD lag on GX7 is very obvious, yet the E-M10 handles very well and remains a high refreshing rate

Point 3: Same lighting, AF on GX7 is slightly slower than E-M10. The GX7 seems to hesitate a little bit more, and will have some hard time locking on low contrast areas, where E-M10 still get the focus. On high contrast area, both AF accurately and quickly. They are better than my previous X-E2.

Note: I love the files, color from X-E2. The main complaint I have with X-E2 is AF speed because I want to shoot my dog. GX7/EM10 is really really good in this aspect, not to mention that EM1 should be even better. To be honest, I also pre-ordered the X-T1 and if it turns out to have at least on par AF with GX7/EM10, I will probably stay with Fuji, even with the bigger lenses.

Let me know what you are interested to know and I can do some simple testings for you all.

Jerry

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow