Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,663
Like?
Re: Thanks Mel
In reply to Mel Snyder, 6 months ago

Mel Snyder wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

LBJ2 wrote:

Any thoughts on the best way to upload photos to the iPad to transfer the most amount of megapixels ?

See my answer to your private message. Photogene loads and lets you edit the RAW and allows you to save a very big jpeg.

Mel, are you saying that Photogene does the Raw conversion and edits in rAW but saves the image as a jpeg? Is the data for the edited RAW kept in something like sidecar? Can the edited RAW be retrieved once you get to a full sized computer?

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

1. Allows you to edit in raw.

2. Allows you to save in jpeg

3. Saves the edited jpeg in "photo stream" (the imported raw stays in camera roll)

"Can the edited RAW be retrieved once you get to a full sized computer?"

The original raw file is there in camera roll and can be copied to a big computer. The jpeg created from the edited raw can definitely be sent to a full size computer. I'm not sure the edited raw file can be. But it must still exist in the iPad because if you return to the file a second time, the edits from the first time are there and can be reversed. I just don't know if that file can be extracted. You might post the question on the Mobile Pond (developer) web site

Your info is of considerable interest to me. I didn't mean to hi jack this thread, particualarly into an Apple v pc v Android direction, I was just pointing out to the OP that if they shot RAW, other issues needed to be looked at. I will follow this up with some questions to more appropriate forums.

Thanks for the heads up re Photogene 4

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow