Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,152Gear list
Like?
Color resolution charts more needed than ever
In reply to DMillier, 5 months ago

DMillier wrote:

<...>

What about colour resolution? Is is still going to be equal across all colours?

Now color doesn't enter into it as much as amount of color.

Will foveon fans stop demanding the use of colour resolution charts in future reviews?

Your mistake is thinking that was for the sake of Sigma.  That was for the sake of PHOTOGRAPHERS.  It would help understand AA filter strength in bayer cameras.  It would help understand possible artifacts from any camera.  Sigma could make a camera that measured light using only lasers it shot out the front and color resolution charts wold still be called for.  More now than ever, don't you want to se how this behaves with a color resolution chart?  I sure do.

What about subtle colour gradation, will this be retained?

Yes, that is easily retained.

What about artefacts? Will the new quattro layout mean there will demosaic like artefacts?

Totally unknown, I cannot think of what artifacts are possible.  The only thing I can come up with is possible color bleeding in some cases.

Can someone walk through how this new architecture actually works? Roland? Anybody?

How about waiting for a camera and seeing what it does instead of thinking about what it does?  None of us know nearly enough to say for sure how it will work.  We don't even know for sure if the layers are offset or not!

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow