Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thechoson
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Keep current setup or jump into Fuji X?
7 months ago

I'm a Canon 6D user.  I recently added a SL1 with 2 of the EF-S plastic kit lenses - 18-55 and 55-250 and then also a Sony RX-100 for when I want to go light and even lighter.

I'm very tempted by the Fuji XE-1 deals going on right now.  $720 for the XE-1 black kit at Amazon.  It seems like at the current prices, Fuji offers the best bang for buck.  I've heard great thing about Fuji APS-C sensors, but the lenses are what are really tempting me.  f/2.8-f/4 for the included "kit" lens, and then I'd look to add the 35mm 1.4.  Those 2 lenses alone would cover 90% of my shooting needs, and then down the line I might look to add the 27mm pancake and/or the 55-200mm for more flexibility.

But right being able to get the XE-1 with its relatively fast kit zoom lens and a 35mm 1.4 optic for less than $1300 all-in is really tempting.  But to fit that in my budget I'd have to sell both the SL1 AND my RX-100.

So...should i jump into the X-E1 system or just keep my current setup?

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow