Direct comparison Oly 12-40mmF2.8 with Oly 12-50mmF3.5-6.3?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,260
Like?
Re: Just done my own first quick test - observations
In reply to 453C, 6 months ago

453C wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

453C wrote:

Roel, well done.

My pleasure.

I'm not very keen on pixel peeping, but I like to try and see how a new lens performs in controlled conditions.

Tonight, I will give it its first REAL workout, at a theatre dress rehearsal.

I hope you have better luck than I did at a recent public school musical.

I packed the 12-40 and an OM 100/2.8, arrived early for a good seat, and settled in for some fun. As the lights went down, the director announced that absolutely no videography, audio recording, or photography of any kind was allowed, but she directed people to purchase those items from a professional that was working the show. I put my camera away and didn't say a word, but I'm following up on the school's decision.

I'm fine with a ban at a commercial event, but when my tax dollars fund the entire production top to bottom, and I bought a $10 ticket, and I provided a $4000 instrument to be played by the musician I provided to the pit orchestra, I think I've paid enough for the right to take a few flash-free photos.

Performance with public are tricky.  Even if you feel you are not disturbing you might be.

I have an arrangement with a theater group that I shoot their dress rehearsals to our mutual benefit and satisfaction.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow