tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,306Gear list
Like?
Re: Football fanboys must know something
In reply to Pixnat2, 6 months ago

Pixnat2 wrote:

tt321 wrote:

Pixnat2 wrote:

Panasonic is a huge corporation that have many divisions. The corporation's interest is that each division should be profitable.

When Panasonic camera division states they will not use PDAF on sensor, it doesn't mean at all that Panasonic sensor division will not produce it for other companies.

Panasonic Camera Division has a strategy. Panasonic Sensor Division has another. They are independent.

There is indeed a degree of this, it would seem. At least the camera division was not obliged to source all of its sensors from the sensor division. So why is the sensor division obliged to supply its best tech only to the camera division?

I don't think it's the actually the case. I think that Olympus had no (financial?) interest to buy the GH sensor technology.

Some camera fans see Panasonic and Olympus as two football teams engaged in a match. That only exists in their imagination.

They build stories and legends around their favorite team.

The story about Panasonic keeping their best tech for them has probably its source in Olmypus fans imagination. They were so frustrated that Olympus cameras sports subpar sensors! So instead of blaming their favorite team, they blamed the rival team.

Later, when Olympus bought the Sony sensor for the E-M5, Panasonic fans fell from their pedestal. Today, they are eagerly waiting for THE Panasonic camera that will beat the rival.

When Olympus had subpar sensors, Olympus fans were defending themselves with "Olympus colors".

Today, Panasonic fans defend themselves with "Panasonic video".

That's how football fans work

The way you describe it sounds great fun. I will take your word for how football fans work...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow