Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Therapy whinge...
7 months ago

No one need reply, but I have to get this off my chest!

im nit homeless or starving, I know my issues are tiny compared to what many have in the world, but....

why oh why can't there just be one camera to tick all those bloody boxes!?! I'm a wedding/portrait photographer with a family, plus I've started shooting video (bands and weddings). Yep, one of those people. I have a Canon 6D, and a tired old 5DII. It needs replacing as a back up. So, here's where the problem starts. I have a limited budget, I can sell the 5DII and 24-105, plus my rarely used GX7. I want a back up to the 6D and a camera for family time.

The options: Sony A7 + 35mm and adaptor for my Canon lenses. Ticks the boxes of video and family time, but is the AF good enough for a weddings? I've not come across many togs using it at weddings yet...

Another 6D: ticks the back up option and video, but not the family time

Canon 70D + Sigma 18-35 1.8: See above...

Fuji X-T1: ticks the wedding backup box, ticks the family/hobby box but the video on Fuji's is apparently quite average

I don't spect an answer (tho thoughts are welcome of course), guess I just wanted to write it down.

I'm favouring the Sony option at the moment. I will go to London and try them all in a week I think.

Gav

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow