pulling the trigger. xt-1 on pre, ordering the 14,35 and 55-200.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brooklyn geezer
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
pulling the trigger. xt-1 on pre, ordering the 14,35 and 55-200.
8 months ago

xt1 is on preorder. I am going to order the following lenses. 14mm, 35mm, 55-200mm.

heres my thought process...

I might want the 10-24mm down the road, but I thought the 14 was a good entry point for a WA with the current sale.. I have only used bottom end of kit zooms in past for WA, so this will be new for me and I think a prime will be better for learning and exploring with.

I want the 56mm but It's not on sale and only available for preorder. For the the short run I will have the 55-200 to cover this FL and have seen some portraits shot with it that look great and have good separation with this lens opened up. I can always order the 56mm down the road with a replenished bank account and hopefully on sale. I do want the extra reach, other wise I would order the 56 sale be damned.  I do need to have some restraint and can't buy both so this is my compromise.

I would like the 23mm as well but I am most comfortable with a 50mm equiv FL so thats my purchase.  I liked the size of the Fuji 35 for a walk around lens vs the 23 especially with hoods attached. My thinking is the 23 I can always buy at the next sale if I still want it, or I might end up with an x100s as a more compact carry everywhere camera that would cover that FL. I expect to carry the xt1 daily with the 35 attached. I just want to explore this FL at some point for street.

And then there is the xpro which is calling my name, but I hate buying at the likely tail end of a cycle. I tested with the xe2 and ordered the xt-1 once announced but love the feel of the xpro.

Its been a tough go switching systems from my old reliable Oly e5, but with this order I want all the hemming and hawing and testing behind me and get back to taking photos.

Hows my logic and bang for buck? The body on order is in exchange for the Oly and a couple of lenses I had for it, so I am only "paying" for the lenses.

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow