ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joshie22
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
First DSRL or 4/3
10 months ago

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first serious camera (with manual controls).
I plan to travel to Japan and want a camera that can take proper photos (also capture low light scenery/cityscapes)
I also need a camera that can make "technical" shots of small moving parts, I could use at work. (so good manual and sometimes remote controls - it would be awesome if I could control the camera programatically).

So far I had:
- Panasonic ZX10 p&s (I really like its ability to record excellent HD video, for a p&s!, unfortunately it had no manual controls and there was no way to make decent low light photo with it. The x20 zoom was mostly a gimmick)
-LG G2, which is a phone, but with p&n like shot quality. Still, nowhere near a proper camera.

Unfortunately, I haven't been following photo world for past 2 years, so I have no clue whatsoever what to choose. Did the technology (new features, image quality) change a lot during those two years?

I would prefer something affordable (500-700$?), unless there is a really good reason (full frame, or some new super duper technological breakthrough I would really want) to spend around 1000$ or more.

I don't plan on sport photography, and I don't think I will ever be buying ton of lens (though, maybe I'm wrong:)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow