Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halfmonkey
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
external flash to use with A7
10 months ago

I'm on the fence with purchasing the A7 and with it's new bundle that was just released, I think I'm about to make the leap. I do have a question though as the bundle is currently offering to buy the camera with the HVL-F60M and receive a $450 discount which will basically means that the flash will only cost about $100 to purchase. On the other hand, the HVL-F20M is not part of this bundle so it would be $150 to add. On the surface, it would seem that the F60M is clearly the better flash but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something by going with the package and getting the F60M.

I do realize it is a much larger flash which kind of goes against the smallish nature of the A7 and 55mm prime but the F60M seems to be a little more complete in terms of its abilities and it basically comes out to being $50 less expensive than if I were to get the F20M, as not part of the bundle package.

Am I missing something or is this really a good deal?

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow