A little Fun with D800E & 70-200F2.8 VRII - Bald Eagle, Owl, Falcon - Birds of Prey

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arsen
Regular MemberPosts: 278Gear list
Like?
A little Fun with D800E & 70-200F2.8 VRII - Bald Eagle, Owl, Falcon - Birds of Prey
10 months ago

Went to a bird sanctuary on the weekend with bunch of people to shoot some Birds of Prey.. Wish I had a longer zoom lens for the D800E, but still was able to capture some fun shoots and lots of cropping. Just wanted to share my images with the people of the forum.. I created a more an Artistic (Over Saturated ) look in my post processing, just to give it a different feel. Always impressed with the dynamic range of the D800E to bring out the shadows and colors.

I am not a bird shooter and still learning.. I did finally assign the Focus Button to AF-On and loved the way it worked. I was able to shoot the birds in flight and when static, was able to recompose and shoot without switching from single to continuous mode.  My Keeper rate increased with this mode.

The D800E is not the fastest Frames per second, but I was able to shoot up to 19 frames before my buffer was full.. The card made a diffrence.. when my SandDisk Extream Pro was full, the cheap SD card had a hard time keeping up..

Arsen's gear list:Arsen's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony a6000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow