DP Quattro: Sigma official announcement

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,904Gear list
Like?
Eh, speak for yourself :-)
In reply to PrebenR, 6 months ago

PrebenR wrote:

So much guessing, so many absolute statements based on nothing, so much cluelessness.

Interpolation of spatial color information has to happen, that's not guessing. It's pretty much a fact- you just don't have the green/red spatial data there at 19.6 MP.

How many haven't complained about the ISO, sharpness in portraits, battery life, DR, slow processing? Sigma addresses this and now you call doom and gloom because they alters the Foveon chip?! Seriously!?

Where exactly did I call doom and gloom? I am in fact, expecting a better overall set of compromises between the pros and cons.

We don't know if the issues you mentioned have been really addressed at least to a reasonable extent, so we have to wait for that too.

Wait and see. Relax and start saving

I am quite relaxed actually, thanks

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow