A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
NicolasKL
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?
In reply to SQLGuy, 6 months ago

I did a quick test last night with my A7R and the FE55. Lens cap on, stuck the lens in the lens bag pulled back nearly to the flange and held it tight around the lens barrel during the exposure, and did a 30s exp at 25600. Flashed a LED flashlight around the flange area, and the picture did show red streaking on the image.

Did the exact same thing with my Nikon (except 16000 max ISO IIRC) and the image was still 100% black.

Then repeated the A7R test except didn't use a flashlight, just the (somewhat dim) light in my living room at night and no image, all black.

Will test some more when I get a chance. First order of business will be ditching the flashlight and trying it both under bright indoor lights and also bright sunlight. If those produce light leakage I'll start dropping the ISO to see when it disappears.  Also need to make sure that the lens cap + bag is enough to completely block all light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow