NEW DP QUATTRO is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Petersen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177Gear list
Like?
Re: NEW DP QUATTRO is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to CatchAlive, 10 months ago

Well I must say if this is for real Yamaki-san has been plowing some of the companies profits from their new global vision line into a real iconic camera design.

Is it too big? Considering the size of the Merrill's with the non collapsable lenses they are too big to reasonably pocket. The elongation really sorts out the control layout and solves the battery and grip issue.  Quite elegant.

The design cannot be confused with anything else out there. Anybody that knows cameras will be able to spot a DP Quattro across the room.

The focal plane alignment of the tripod screw works out well to allow room in the slim body for a Circuit board to mount the sensor on and the LCD display behind it.

The omission of the name on the front is a coy marketing move in my mind. I builds the DP brand identity and forces folks to ask what kind of camera it or get close enough to see the back.

Yamaki-san has already tipped his hand as far as a new processor coming too speed processing in an interview.

Pete

-- hide signature --

A bad day of train chasing is better than a good day at work.
http://peterzpicts.smugmug.com/

Paul Petersen's gear list:Paul Petersen's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D90 Sigma SD14 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow