Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,292
Like?
Re: Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...
In reply to seraiah, 6 months ago

I use an iPad 2 and an iPad mini (both 64G, with cellular data) at present. I'm mostly using the mini now as it is easier to carry. I've had the iPad 2 since 2011 and the iPad mini since sometime early last year. I've carried them as my only computing devices other than an iPhone 4S on several trips and not had a single issue using them anywhere in the US, UK, Ireland, Europe, and Mexico.

Both work very well. There are a lot of different apps to process images with, I use several of them.

I'll update the mini this year to a current model with Retina display, the latest cpu, and 128G storage. I like the larger format on the iPad Air too, but the mini fits in my camera bag ... and my jacket pocket ... more conveniently.

Oh yes:

• I've used the Sony software with both of them to control the A7 for capture and to transfer A7 images to them for processing. The Sony software is a little clumsy but it works well.
  • The A7 files transfer to the iPad very easily with the Camera Connection Kit, both JPEGs and raws.
  • PhotoRAW processes the raw files to TIFF or JPEG.
  • The Eye-Fi card does a better, faster job of transferring A7 JPEG and raw files wirelessly, either through my home Wi-Fi network or point to point, direct to the iPad.
  • SnapSeed and Photogene are excellent image editors. Keynote and iMovie do a great job presenting photos. 
-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow