Started Feb 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,342Gear list
Like?
Stylus 1 rain/dive bag
Feb 10, 2014

One of the things I wish my future Stylus 1 had was weather sealing. I imagine the normal gallon ziploc (tm) or similar bags will do to protect the camera from sudden rain storms when it is stored in a pocket.

Are there any of the dive bags (dipac, aquapac, etc.) that would allow me to use a Stylus 1 in a rainstorm? I'm not as concerned about taking the camera underwater, but particularly for a vacation camera, rain (and amusement park flume rides) does happen. I've looked at some of the ebay bags meant for point & shoot cameras, and their lens port seems to be too small for the Stylus 1. The DSLR bags are way to big for the camera. Are there any bags that are just the right size that the lens can open up and zoom to the full range without being overly big?

I'm starting to think of the Stylus 1 as the goldilocks camera, where it is bigger and more functional that the pure pocket camera and cell phone, but smaller and lighter than the DSLR and mirrorless cameras.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow