Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris43
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
RX10 is a versatile machine!
6 months ago

I got my RX10 before Xmas, but really hadn't had the opportunity to give a good workout before heading off on vacation. I was on a cruise which started in HK and ended up in SG via Bangkok, and Vietnam.

I was pleasantly surprised at how flexible that camera is, and I thought I'd show a few photos which to me seem to demonstrate that. Compared with my A55 and various lenses, I got a far higher percentage of keepers, even though for many shots I had little time to prepare, most were off the cuff, otherwise I'd have lost the main tour party Settings were Aperture priority, all hand held, and all taken Extra Fine, NR low, and straight out of camera no PP.

First a night-time shot from the ship in Ho Chi Minh City.  Sometimes that low NR does show as in the 3200 asa shot, but I can live with that.

Again in Ho Chi Minh City, at the Jade Emperor Pagoda, handheld, no flash.

I was quite surprised that the steady shot worked so well.

And a well lit sunny view at the Grand Palace, Bangkok.

I know that the framing isn't the best, but the Palace was so crowded, it was like snap as soon as no-one walked in front of you!

Chris43's gear list:Chris43's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow