ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TCMercury
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
How do you store your photos?
7 months ago

Here's the deal:

Currently, I keep all my pictures in Lightroom 5. They're stored on one partition of my external hard drive, smart-previewed to my laptop (due to ailing disk space) and backed up to the other partition on the same hard drive.

That time is a'coming when I think I can justify the purchase of a new computer. As I'm looking at one of the ultra-shiny new MBP's, I was thinking that now might be the time to shift up to Thunderbolt/USB 3 external hard drives too. My current laptop is rather messy after six years of accumulated files (photos are, thankfully, all in my Lightroom catalog). I'm going to need to organise this nicely to begin with though, and I find smart profiles frustrating at best, seeing as I need to be at my hard drive to import photos properly, otherwise I risk only partially backing my files up. So I put it to you, dear forumites,

How do you store your photos?

TCMercury's gear list:TCMercury's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow