Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,028
Like?
Do not forget
In reply to Westmill, 5 months ago

Westmill wrote:

It should be noted that you can fine tune more than one lens and that the camera knows which lens is fitted. So it is a simple case of set and forget. I have one D7100 with the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 attached. That is the only lens that was OK and did not need fine tuning.

Do not forget to actually "turn off" the AF fine tune feature when a lens that does not require tuning is mounted as it being enabled can (rare case) adversely affect focus in some situations.

Shoot the wall at an angle ! about 35 -45 degrees will do. No point in shooting a wall flat on. When you have finished, you can check by taking two shots of the wall flat on... First shot using live view and the second shot as normal. If the lens is correct then it will be hard to see any difference.

Do not check focus or determine focus using an angled subject. The horizontal and vertical nature of the arrays (center of array does not always lock focus) can make using a angled target give false results. CDAF will always lock on to where you pointed it at...not the case with PDAF.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow