Lightroom: one or two things do you really wish you had known at the outset?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mclewis
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Re: Lightroom: one or two things do you really wish you had known at the outset?
In reply to Ron AKA, 8 months ago

Ron AKA wrote:

With all the favourable comments about Lightroom here, I decided to download the free trial of LR5 and gave it a try. For me it was a big disappointment and I returned to using Photoshop Elements 11. I liked the clean simplicity of Adobe Camera RAW, the power of the Photoshop Editor, and the optionality of the Elements Organizer. I really don't like to be "organized" by a computer program, and I don't shoot thousands of images per month. The real file structure on the computer is enough for me, and I don't need the complication of interfacing with the real structure though an additional one. For those reasons LR and I parted ways...

So my tip would be that there are other options. Don't feel forced to use Lightroom if it is not agreeing with you.

Lightroom does not force you to organize in a certain way.  It will use whatever organistaion scheme you wish.  It copes perfectly well with the scheme I started to use before I bought Lightroom.  It uses the real file structure I have on my computer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow