PIX 2015

How is focus speed on the Olympus OMD-EM1 vs the A7r?

Started Feb 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Re: How is focus speed on the Olympus OMD-EM1 vs the A7r?
In reply to Tom Ames, Feb 10, 2014

I have A7 and FE35, the so-called fastest AF in the current FE lines. I find its AF comparable with my nikon D90 with sigma HSM lens and nex5R with kit lens. But I don't think its good enough to match the similar price DSLR.

Also that's just Single mode. The Continuous mode is rather poor. Now Im considering Olympus omd E1 and Fuji XT1 as a more versatile travel camera.

I really feel that A7 is a super image quality camera and it's perfect with prime lens, very ideal for serious event, portrait, and static object. However, the build does not feel very durable,  AF is relatively slow,  and the zoom lens size is not ideal (at least from 24-70 and 70-200).  All these concerns are important for travel and quick shooting. I really hope Fuji XT1 can be the one I'm looking for.

zither's gear list:zither's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow