Why I sold my child for the X-T1 preorder

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Why I sold my child for the X-T1 preorder
10 months ago

I will preface this thread for my own rational and irrational decisions to own a X-T1.

Yes. I owned an X-E2. My baby was called the "Black Mamba." As soon as received it, I wrapped in a newborn baby calfskin Gariz case. I decorated it with its own matching soft release as a sign of ownership and individuality.

But when the X-T1 came around, a rush of emotions came as if Jesus was alive and walking. Yes, the next shiny object to gearlust over.

- I am a gearaholic.

- The EVF at night looks like a dream as I shoot in terrible lighting conditions.

- Display information rotates? Finally something thinking about user interface design. Although, it probably would have happened to X-E2 and others camera with a firmware upgrade.

- I like shiny things and support companies even with incrimental advances in technology.

- Screen swivels. As if I am going to use it.

- I have a sickness to great design.

- ISO dial. Yes. YES.

- I just have a sickness.

- I also have a love hate relationship with sites like this and rumor sites. "Previewing" things I don't need, but want.

- Improved tracking is very important to me. Even if minute.

- It will increase the opinion of myself. 99% sure it won't improve the pictures I take.

- My mother and father would be horrified if they knew of this. This I feel bad. But being bad feels good.

- I read all the rumor, preview, and anything I can waste my neurons on. So far I like what I've seen.

- It probably will happen when the X-Pro 2 comes.

- The body looks good. Judge me.

- I know. I do love the X-E2. The design, usability, interface, photos. But...

Does anybody feel like the way I do? Be honest, nobody will read it.

4054's gear list:4054's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow