Which of these pictures was taken with which camera? :)

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
Michael Jardine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,251Gear list
Like?
Re: A and D are the D800
In reply to 1w12q312qw1, 9 months ago

1w12q312qw1 wrote:

Michael Jardine wrote:

1w12q312qw1 wrote:

The photos in these "Which camera..." threads leave a lot to be desired from the photographer. Composition is poor, in these landscape shots you almost split the composition in two, which is rather boring aesthetically. There is no compelling center of interest. The color and tone values are muddy.

You have proved that mediocre photos can be made with a D800. If you wanted to prove that great photos could be made with a lesser camera you needed to put more into the aesthetics of the images.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
—Mark Twain

+1

Well said, Robin. These recent comparison threads prove nothing of value to me, the cameras and lenses are almost too close to differentiate today. You can go to the dpreview camera database and compare test shots of every single camera all day long if you're that interested.

But if it floats your boat, have fun.

Stan

Hi Stan,

So I guess my question to you is, why are you on this thread?

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

Soooooooo, you are now the self-annointed forum-cop? Just wanted to be sure, I reckon you don't like the job the moderator's doing?

Aye-aye, sir, I shall leave the premises immediately, SIR!

Sheeeesh.

Stan

Not at all. Just curious why you are spending so much time telling us that you don't like this thread.  Feel free to vote with your feet. Nobody is forcing you to participate in this comparison. Personally, I don't have enough time to read - much less,  comment on - threads that are not of interest to me.

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

Michael Jardine's gear list:Michael Jardine's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow