Surprise: Olympus E-M1 uses a Panasonic sensor!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,128Gear list
Like?
Re: the answer should be obvious ...
In reply to Sean Nelson, 10 months ago

Sean Nelson wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

All in all, there is very little room to improve at this sensor size, although I will be pleasantly surprised if there is some kind of major breakthrough on low light or DR at some point ...

Panasonic's micro color splitter sensors promise to nearly double light sensitivity by eliminating the need for the Bayer filter array that currently absorbs about half of the incident light. Seeing is believing, of course, and I still haven't heard anything about when this technology might become available.

Yes ... there are a few promising technologies that could do it ... but we will hear about it the second it launches ... none of the more recent cameras have been launched with a stunning IQ improvement touted, which is why I find it so ludicrous to see such whinging over the lack of a stunning improvement, and then having it be Panny's fault

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow