Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yankeeslover
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
Questions on the Hs50... compared to a entry level dslr
10 months ago

hello and sorry about my newbie questions. I currently own a Panasonic lumix G5 that I purchased last year with the two lens kit.  I have been considering selling the lumix lately and getting away from a dslr and moving to a superzoom.. I just have not pulled the trigger yet.. I am a real novice photographer.  I am a father with two daughters and just looking for a good overall camera.

I have noticed with the the lumix that I just have no interest in really using, I have the 14-42 and the 42-150 lens, I just get tired of changing out the lenses whenever a photo opportunity comes up which I think kind of defeats the whole purpose.. The main reason that im afraid to make the switch is because my daughter plays a lot of soccer. im not really sure what kind of action shots the HS50 will take compared to my G5? I have finally just learned to use the shutter priority mode and getting better shots.. How will this HS50 compare with outdoor sports shots? also how would indoor shots be? say like my daughters indoor play?

I am really torn on this decision. I just have a really nice camera that sits in the bag because I hate swapping out the lenses, and to be quite honest, I really have no interest in taking a camera outside the auto mode. I have no dreams of being a professional photographer, just want nice keepsakes of my children... I also do a lot of outdoor stuff, hiking, scenic views.... any other info that you can give would be great. I have owned this G5 for about 6 months now, I can probably almost break even if I sell this kit and purchase the Fuji.......

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow