Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
abortabort
Contributing MemberPosts: 950Gear list
Like?
Re: why are Android tabs "useless devices"? (n/t)
In reply to joel artino, 6 months ago

joel artino wrote:

abortabort wrote:

joel artino wrote:

You won't be sorry and you won't second guess yourself in a few months.

Case closed, truly.

Joel

Except there is a very good chance they will.

Case closed? Because you say the same thing over and over? Yeah, that's how things should work.

You know, I read all of your comments before and you're just wrong, simple as that. I work at a major research university and have been involved in technology for the past 30 years. The reality is that the very vast number of people who have purchased iPads are extremely happy and productive with them, and a significant number of people who chose the other 2 alternatives are less happy and in many cases sorry they have chosen the alternatives and often change to an iPad, same exact thing happens with iPhones and Android and Windows phone users and there is data to back these statements up.

And in the not too distant future, Apple will market a stylus that will make the current stylus manufacturers looks like their's were developed in the stone age.

So really glad you like whatever you have, but the iPad is the best choice for the vast majority of users, whether you think so or not. Case closed.

Joel

I love how you just say 'case closed' like that makes it so. Yes I am VERY aware of the happiness that iPad users have with their devices. But your 'facts' just don't simply translate to every case, this is simply for the average user who has bought an iPad for average iPad use - for which the iPad is excellent for and could not agree more and is better than the competition. But understand this isn't a 'what tablet should I buy thread', this is a 'what tablet should I buy for imaging post production'... They are two very different things.

If you did a survey at your university of car ownership and it said that the majority were sedan purchasers and they were very happy with their purchase whereas SUV buyers were on average less happy and a thread popped up asking 'what's the best off-road 4x4?' would you suggest a sedan, because they were the most popular and their users the most satisfied?

If the thread was 'what's the best tablet for running Microsoft Office?', would an iPad still be the best option?

If there was a thread that asked what is the best RAW Post Production software available? What would your answer be? Would it be an iPad app or something else?

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow