Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
seraiah
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...
In reply to chillzatl, 9 months ago

chillzatl wrote:

I have two ipads, a Galaxy tab 2, A surface pro, Surface Pro 2, Dell Venue 8 pro, Venue 11 pro and a few other random Win 8 tablets

wow

Do you already have PP apps that you use on your computer?

I haven't invested $$ in anything; just trying to get a handle on Gimp for now.

Will you also want to do PP work on your computer with apps that you may or may not already have. Then it's a easy choice. A windows tablet will give you all the portability and convenience of a tablet, with none of the limitation and allow you to basically use the same apps across all your devices. I run LR5 on all of the Windows devices listed above and it works great on all of them. Obviously the surface pro/2 offers the best performance, but it's also priced more like a laptop. I have the Bay Trail versions of the Venue 8 ($200-300, depending on where you get it) and 11 ($399 and up) and LR5 runs great on both. The Venue 8 is not a device I would recommend to do ALL your PP work on, but if you want something to take on trips with you, get all day battery life, will fit in your back pocket and allow you to review and edit some pics while you're out and about, it's an amazingly versatile devices. The Venue 11 pro cuts the back pocket level portability, but gives you a system you could use full time for everything, on the road, at home, whatever. I have the clamshell dock that makes it into a 3lb laptop, but also bumps the battery life up to around 15 hours and I have the slim keyboard for when I want ultimate portability.

I rarely use the stylus on my surface pro for anything photo related. I have used it some in PS, but it was nothing I would depend on it for. The Dell's have them as well, but they're not on the same level as the surface pro's stylus.

I take a lot of handwritten notes, and do some painting, so I was wondering whether it would be worth looking at something with a Wacom stylus.

I love my ipads for what they are, great devices, but I have no interest shoving a square peg into a round hole when there are devices that give me all the convenience and none of the limitations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow