Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,263
Like?
True
In reply to rwingsfan, 10 months ago

rwingsfan wrote:

Wow reading this thread has been fun One thing I really don't understand from the opposing point of view though. All one has to do is zero the adjustment back out if one gets lost. How could this possibly be viewed as "dangerous" or "over-hyped" ? If you have the time and even a small amount of ability you could easily experiment with every lens and if you find a setting that suits you better....great, if not put it back to zero and go on. Jeeez what a bunch of drivel about nothing except opinionated posturing.

Yes likely not dangerous (no lives lost)...sometimes over-hyped a tiny bit. Remember Nikon's warning: "AF tuning is not recommended in most situations and may interfere with normal focus: only use when required" If you do it less than optimal (really good tutorials out there on doing it accurately) ...you may find you missed that once in a lifetime shot at the wedding because you hadn't considered what it might do in tungsten AF-Fine tune can have a negative affect in some cases so something to consider. Remembering to turn it off for non-calibrated lenses often gets forgotten.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow