Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,624
Like?
Re: I stand corrected
In reply to Mel Snyder, 5 months ago

Mel Snyder wrote:

Here's a quote from Tom Hogarty at Adobe re the Lightroom for IOS

"During the show, Hogarty showed off editing for RAW photo formats, including Lightroom Develop-module parameters like exposure, clarity, shadows, highlights, and white balance. At this point, a lot of these editing features consume too much processing power to work on a tablet, so heavy edits are relegated to the PC. "Please notice that if I touched on some of these, the iPad itself would explode," Hogarty joked about some of the not-yet-active options on the Lightroom tablet app (right).

Ideally, however, the solution being developed by Adobe will allow for on-the-go edits, including 100 percent zoom, which will be synchronized via the cloud on the PC. Right now, photo editors can "kluge things together with Dropbox and other things that will move data around, but it's not going to be as efficient," he said. As host Scott Kelby noted, Dropbox also does not support RAW images and converts them to JPEG.

"I just want to be able to sit there with my mobile device and enjoy my time with photography, wherever I am, with whatever device I have and not be tethered to a laptop anymore," Hogarty said."

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Bummer. For that they want $120 a year. Not me. All those features Adobe thinks would make an iPad explode are already in Photogene. For $10.

Thanks Mel. I knew of the earlier Photogene (my wife has an ipad) and I had dismissed it as not good enough for the editing I wanted to do while travelling. I certainly was unaware of version 4.

I will follow up on it. I'd like to know what bit depth it is working at. I wouldn't want my raw conversion done ar lower than optimum depth, that's the sort of reason why I want RAW. But I will research it further. I'd want to be certain that it wasn't doing a less than optimum raw conversion on the files that I would later be transferring to my main computer. Adobe Photoshop elements for example used to convert to 8 bit (not sure that the latest version does or doesn't do this.)

I have no interest in any program (ios lightroom??) that can only be accessed from a "cloud". I am too far outback in Oz too often to have reception.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow