Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,028
Like?
Possible
In reply to chary zp, 5 months ago

chary zp wrote:

Just to make it clear, by

" Um, yeah. 2 examples, each comparing at the same exact focal length and distance."

you mean that the exact focal lenght and distance of the scenario was wrong or good way to find out if D7100's untuned PDAF was ok or not, compared to the other bodies?

Comparing Liveview with PDAF at one focus distance (especially a close one) may not necessarily mean AF fine tune is called for but a good indication to check further.  Comparing it to other bodies (especially in artificial light) can often lead to faulty conclusions.. but a fair way to "see if further investigation is called for.

This "um yeah" makes me feel you think it was wrong.

And how would you solve the wrong fine tune of the lenses differently than by fine tune?

I would use a lot more scientific approach to testing and evaluating than you are, and I'd VERY, VERY likely find that no fine tune was needed.

You mean in that those two examples where

D7100 fine tuned to 0 gave visibly poor results of PDAF compared to other bodies and fine-tuned D7100

was in your opinion actually right

and

the fine tuned sharper one

was actually wrong?

No, the fine tuned image was indeed sharper...but that does not necessarily mean the lens needs fine tuning or that that specific setting is the right one.

Because you'd come to conclusion that in fact "no fine tune was needed"? Really?

That can actually be the case. You may simply need a AF-Sub mirror adjustment.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow