Photo Sharing Websites - Which ones are good?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GreenMountainGirl
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Photo Sharing Websites - Which ones are good?
8 months ago

I looked at Flikr, the presentation of images is very nice.  But cannot seem to figure out their system of communication.

I looked at 500px, once again the presentation of images is very nice.  And there is the added benefit of being able to sell photos if anyone is interested.  But I cannot figure out if there is any logical way to search other people's images.  Stumbling across ones I like and then clicking on them to see that photographer's other pictures seems to be the "method".  I cannot even find my own pictures (outside of my own photostream) without an exhaustive search!  Makes me wonder how anyone sells pictures this way.

Feedback about this type of website would be much appreciated.

Is there any real benefit to belonging to one?  I do like seeing my pictures looking like they are on my own personal webpage.  But unlike DP Review forums, there does not seem to be any true communications beyond the "pat-on-the-back" notes left that say "good photo", etc.

Susan

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow