What's all this about "slow" AF with X-E1/X-Pro1??

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,747Gear list
Like?
What are THE top notch settings to make the Xe1 work fast?
In reply to stillman3, 5 months ago

stillman3 wrote:

>I had to wait around two seconds

Did you have the image display set to on. (Menu item blue 2) setup menu. The display with show a preview of your image for a minimum of 1.5 seconds after shooting. Turn this off (no chimping) and it responds quickly.

Good luck Eric

Yes, the sales guy turned that off for sure. But the thing i didn't like is that two second shutter being closed when i was looking thru the view finder.

Besides inserting the fastest card and formatting it, what are THE best settings to configure the XE1 to run at its fastest speed?

I am going to go back to the store this week because i think they will have a NO TAX sale on everything at Samy's Camera. I want to give the XE1 another try.

Also, i know this camera is NOT for video, but do any of you know if after the latest firmware does the video focusing "tracking" improved a little or not at all with the 18-55 lens? I was just wondering. This is not for professional video, just for using during my kid's school auditorium plays and activities. Basic stuff, you know.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow