Which of these pictures was taken with which camera? :)

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,683
Like?
Re: A and D are the D800
In reply to Michael Jardine, 7 months ago

Michael Jardine wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Michael Jardine wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I would've picked A and D based on B and C are a lot noisier at 100%.

Still fairly close overall.

I think the point is while we agonise over minute differences in our cameras they all are pretty hot these days. Its a super competitive market so they have to be if they want to survive.

Greg.

In my opinion, it matters less what the pixel peeping tells you, and more what (as one of our other forum posters suggested) the thumbnail tells you. And to me, that's less a function of the inside of the camera, and more a function of both the photographer, AND the 'outside' of the camera. By this I mean, if the camera FEELS GOOD in your hands, and its controls seem intuitive to YOU, and if it's a camera that you will enjoy taking with you everywhere you'll go - then you are bound to take better photos with it.

The photos in these "Which camera..." threads leave a lot to be desired from the photographer. Composition is poor, in these landscape shots you almost split the composition in two, which is rather boring aesthetically. There is no compelling center of interest. The color and tone values are muddy.

You have proved that mediocre photos can be made with a D800. If you wanted to prove that great photos could be made with a lesser camera you needed to put more into the aesthetics of the images.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady

You are missing the point. This was not a comparison of aesthetics. There are some great Challenges available for that, in this forum. Lots of fun, too!

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

What are you trying to prove with these threads? Why are you saying "In my opinion, it matters less what the pixel peeping tells you, and more what...the thumbnail tells you. And to me, that's less a function of the inside of the camera, and more a function of both the photographer..." If they are not about pixel peeping, and more about the thumbnail, why use images that make such poor thumbnails?

Are you just pointing out that your threads are pointless?

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
—Mark Twain

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow